The Assassin's Creed series of video games is one of the most beloved series of the last decade, and with good reason. Experience the game that started it all with the Assassin's Creed Director's Cut. AC Director's Cut gives you a chance to explore the Holy Land during the 12th century and enjoy a mix of stealth, platform gaming and action combat. Take on the role of Altair, a cunning assassin who uses his incredible hand-to-hand combat skills, stealth and acrobatic abilities to assassinate powerful targets and steer the course of the holy wars.
A Journey Through Time
Assassin's Creed Director's Cut for PC is the best way for PC gamers to experience Assassin's Creed. It includes new and improved side missions, including Archer stealth assassinations, thrilling rooftop races, informer assassinations, merchant stand destructions and informer escorts. The Director's Cut also includes some modifications to existing missions based on player feedback, as well as several PC-specific changes, including graphics tweaks and performance improvements to allow those with high-end systems to get the best out of the game. Download Assassin's Creed Director's Cut via UPlay and other popular digital distribution platforms, or purchase the boxed version of the title in most major video game stores.
Assassin's Creed Director's Cut features a rich and varied system of combat, exploration, platforming and stealth. The combat system includes ranged combat with bows and throwing daggers, as well as one-stab kill stealth attacks and more traditional hack and slash combat. Progress through the game to unlock counter-attacks and more complex moves that allow you to take on large groups of guards and other enemies at once. Use your timing and judgment to tackle crowds of enemies or difficult bosses, and practice your stealth and acrobatic skills to flee from difficult fights. Choose your battles wisely if you want to survive.
Open World With Incredible Freedom
Assassin's Creed offers dimension-total freedom. As Altai, you stalk your prey through huge, detailed and historically accurate environments, and choose when, where and how you kill your targets. Assassin's Creed is not a simple action game on rails. The world is living and breathing, every single character reacts to your moves, and all of your actions have consequences. The groundbreaking Assassin's Creed engine ensures that this large, dynamic world offers players a smooth and intuitive gameplay experience. Anyone can pick up and play the game without worrying about complex controls, and still feel completely in control of Altair and his destiny.
Assassin's Creed Director's Cut offers a unique and deep gameplay experience. When the Assassin's Creed title first came out, it redefined storytelling in games with its dual timeline story. Players alternate between the story of Desmond, a researcher from the modern day, and Altair, the assassin. The events you live out in Altair's world are taken from Desmond's genetic memories, and as the story unfolds, you quickly find yourself being pulled in to a world of intrigue and compromises. Altair's assassination targets are not all evil men, but Altair is a victim of circumstances and cannot always do the right thing.
- Be an Assassin: Master the skills, tactics and weapons of history’s deadliest and most secretive clan of warriors. Plan your attacks, strike without mercy and fight your way to escape.
- Experience exclusive PC content: Four PC-exclusive investigation missions make the game an even better experience than its console predecessors, including the Rooftop Race Challenge, a race to a specified location and the Archer Stealth Assassination Challenge, where the player must assassinate all archers in a certain zone to help out fellow Assassins.
- Realistic and responsive environments: Experience a living, breathing world in which all your actions have consequences. Crowds react to your moves and will either help or hinder you on your quests.
- Action with a new dimension – total freedom: Eliminate your targets wherever, whenever and however. Stalk your prey through richly detailed, historically accurate, open-ended environments. Scale buildings, mount horses, blend in with crowds. Do whatever it takes to achieve your objectives.
- Relive the epic times of the Crusades: Assassin’s Creed immerses you in the realistic and historical Holy Land of the 12th century, featuring life-like graphics, ambience and the subtle, yet detailed nuances of a living world.
- Intense action rooted in reality: Experience heavy action blended with fluid and precise animations. Use a wide range of medieval weapons, and face your enemies in realistic swordfight duels.
- Next-gen gameplay: The proprietary engine developed from the ground up for the next-gen console allows organic game design featuring open gameplay, intuitive control scheme, realistic interaction with environment and a fluid, yet sharp, combat mechanic.