This is the story of crossed destinies and a broken love in a world torn apart.
In Valiant Hearts: The Great War™, the lives of all the characters are inextricably drawn together over the course of the game. All of them will try to survive the horror of the trenches, following their faithful canine companion. Friendship, love, sacrifice and tragedy befall each one as they help each other to retain their humanity against the horrors of war.
- An animated comic book adventure From the green forests of the French countryside, to dank trenches and snowy fields, go back through history in this emotional adventure game delivered with a unique tone and art style.
- A mix of exploration, action, and puzzles Move into action and help your heroes survive the Great War by solving puzzles or sneaking through enemy lines… live a touching and comical adventure.
- Follow the stories of these Valiant Hearts... Lost in the middle of the trenches, play each of these characters and help a young German soldier find his love!
- ...and their faithful canine companion Send your trusty canine companion through barbwire obstacles and shell holes to solve puzzles or avoid enemies. Rely on him and his sense of smell; he is your best friend!
- Relive the Great War This fictitious story takes you back to famous WW1 locations, like Reims or Montfaucon, revisiting historical battles on the Western Front, such as the Battle of the Marne or the Battle of the Somme.
- Powered by UbiArt Framework Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ makes the most of the UbiArt Framework and its motto “Bringing Art to Life”. This powerful engine provides the ability to transfer creative concepts and bring them to life in video games.
- A team of senior artists at Ubisoft Montpellier Small is beautiful. A small but highly talented team, including audio and art directors from games such as Beyond Good & Evil® and Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, as well as level designers from Rayman® Origins and Rayman® Legends, helped to create Valiant Hearts: The Great War™.